Elixirs: ELDERBERRY - WINTER CRUD
The Winter 2019 Elderberry Elixir is here! Katrina had a lovely day out in the woods, wild-harvesting elderberries, singing to the trees while she worked. And this is what she made from those luscious, flu-fighting purple berries!
These are very limited: ONLY 6 BOTTLES AVAILABLE. Email Katrina to order yours today!
Elderberry Elixirs are made with fresh, ethically wildcrafted elderberries; Portland-local organic wildflower honey; and a blend of extracts:
- Elderberry - antimicrobial, immune booster
- Echinacea Root and Flower - antimicrobial, immune booster
- Astragalus Root - antiviral, antibacterial
- Burdock Root - antioxidant, antimicrobial, lymphagogue
- Ceylon Cinnamon - antimicrobial, antioxidant, warming
3 oz $25
Each small batch of Elderberry Elixir is made by hand using a multi-step extraction process that takes up to three weeks to make:
- The elderberries are ethically hand-harvested, and triple-washed.
- The berries are crushed and covered with organic grape alcohol (GF), which infuses for two or more weeks, and is agitated by hand every day.
- The elderberry-infused alcohol is then strained, and the berries are then decocted in spring water over low heat for at least two hours.
- This decoction, once strained, is then blended back into the elderberry-alcohol extract.
- Tinctures (extracts) of other immune boosting herbs are added.
- Local (Portland, OR) organic wildflower honey is blended into the mixture to make a delicious elixir.
Bottles are made of recycled glass, and are reusable and recyclable. All extracts are handmade in-house by your Village Apothecary Katrina, with organic grape alcohol. All ingredients are gluten-free.
For more information about Elderberry, check out this article: www.gaiaherbs.com/articles/detail/9/Influenza-and-Elderberry-A-Safe-Effective-Flu-Option
Here's a study about the use of Echinacea for two flu viruses: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19912623
For more information about Burdock roots abilities to remove toxins from the body, check out this article: https://www.healthline.com/health/burdock-root
Currently, the shopping cart is disabled on this site. But ordering is simple:
- Email me with a list of the items you'd like to order and the "ship to" address. Live in Portland, OR? I deliver for free!
- I will respond within 2 days with an invoice from Paypal. I use USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes to ship. There is a 3% fee imposed by Paypal.
- Once I receive the payment, I ship your stuff, and send you a confirmation email with the USPS tracking number. If I'm delivering in Portland, I'll let you know when I'll be dropping by.