Elixirs: ELDERBERRY - IMMUNE BOOST VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
Elderberry Elixirs are here! Katrina hand-harvests fresh elderberries in the forest while in season, and purchases certified organic dried elderberries the rest of the year. And this is what she makes from those luscious, flu-fighting purple berries!
"In one placebo-controlled, double-blind study conducted by Israeli virologist Dr. Madeleine Mumcuoglu, 93.3% of the people taking an elderberry preparation reported significant improvement in influenza symptoms within 2 days of starting it, compared with the 6 days it took for the placebo group to see improvement.
Researchers also have found that people who have taken elderberries have higher levels of antibodies against the influenza virus, showing that not only may the berry be able to treat flu symptoms, it may also be able to prevent influenza infection." https://www.pharmacytimes.com/contributor/cate-sibley-pharmd/2017/10/elderberries-a-potent-cold-and-flu-remedy
These are limited! Email Katrina to order.Free Delivery in the Portland Metro area.
Elderberry Elixirs are made with ethically wildcrafted elderberries; Fair trade organic agave; and a blend of extracts:
- Elderberry - powerful antiviral, antimicrobial, immune booster*
- Echinacea Root and Flower - antimicrobial, immune booster*
- Ceylon Cinnamon - antimicrobial, antioxidant, warming*
3 oz $15; 8 oz $35
Each small batch of Elderberry Elixir is made by hand using a multi-step extraction process that takes up to three weeks to make:
- The elderberries are ethically hand-harvested.
- The berries are decocted over low heat for several hours to extract all the powerful constituents.
- This decoction, once strained, is then gently blended with certified organic, fair-trade agave syrup.
- House-made herbal tinctures (alcohol extracts) of immune boosting herbs are then added. The alcohol content also helps as a preservative. Maximum 5% alcohol per bottle.
Bottles are reusable and recyclable, and made of amber glass to prevent spoilage and degradation from light. All extracts are handmade in-house by Katrina, with organic grape alcohol. All ingredients are gluten-free and vegan.
An herbal monograph on Elderberry: http://abc.herbalgram.org/site/DocServer/Elderberry-scr.pdf?docID=165
Here's a study about the use of Echinacea for two flu viruses: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19912623
An herbal monograph on Ceylon Cinnamon: http://cms.herbalgram.org/herbalgram/issue95/hg95-herbpro-cinnamon.html?ts=1569609925&signature=c70ee9abc3af84bdf4436c5855558eb3
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.