Elixirs: ELDERBERRY - IMMUNE BOOST VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
The 2019 Elderberry Elixir is here! Katrina had a lovely day out in the woods, wild-harvesting elderberries, singing to the trees while she worked. And this is what she made from those luscious, flu-fighting purple berries!
"In one placebo-controlled, double-blind study conducted by Israeli virologist Dr. Madeleine Mumcuoglu, 93.3% of the people taking an elderberry preparation reported significant improvement in influenza symptoms within 2 days of starting it, compared with the 6 days it took for the placebo group to see improvement.
Researchers also have found that people who have taken elderberries have higher levels of antibodies against the influenza virus, showing that not only may the berry be able to treat flu symptoms, it may also be able to prevent influenza infection." https://www.pharmacytimes.com/contributor/cate-sibley-pharmd/2017/10/elderberries-a-potent-cold-and-flu-remedy
These are limited! Email Katrina to order.Free Delivery in the Portland Metro area.
Elderberry Elixirs are made with ethically wildcrafted elderberries; Fair trade organic agave; and a blend of extracts:
- Elderberry - powerful antiviral, antimicrobial, immune booster
- Echinacea Root and Flower - antimicrobial, immune booster
- Ceylon Cinnamon - antimicrobial, antioxidant, warming
3 oz $20
Each small batch of Elderberry Elixir is made by hand using a multi-step extraction process that takes up to three weeks to make:
- The elderberries are ethically hand-harvested.
- The berries are decocted over low heat for several hours to extract all the powerful constituents.
- This decoction, once strained, is then gently blended with certified organic, fair-trade agave syrup.
- House-made herbal tinctures (alcohol extracts) of immune boosting herbs are then added. The alcohol content also helps as a preservative. Maximum 5% alcohol per bottle.
Bottles are reusable and recyclable, and made of amber glass to prevent spoilage and degradation from light. All extracts are handmade in-house by Katrina, with organic grape alcohol. All ingredients are gluten-free and vegan.
An herbal monograph on Elderberry: http://abc.herbalgram.org/site/DocServer/Elderberry-scr.pdf?docID=165
Here's a study about the use of Echinacea for two flu viruses: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19912623
An herbal monograph on Ceylon Cinnamon: http://cms.herbalgram.org/herbalgram/issue95/hg95-herbpro-cinnamon.html?ts=1569609925&signature=c70ee9abc3af84bdf4436c5855558eb3
Currently, the shopping cart is disabled on this site. But ordering is simple:
- Email me with a list of the items you'd like to order and the "ship to" address. Live in Portland, OR? I deliver for free!
- I will respond within 2 days with an invoice from Paypal. I use USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes to ship. There is a 3% fee imposed by Paypal.
- Once I receive the payment, I ship your stuff, and send you a confirmation email with the USPS tracking number. If I'm delivering in Portland, I'll let you know when I'll be dropping by.